Wow, this was such an incredible week! Guess who was nominated for the Liebster Award? I was nominated by the beautiful Taylor of entirelytaylor and I’m extremely honored to accept! Here are the rules for accepting the Liebster Award.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Write a 150-300 word post on your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Answer your questions and provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions. (Don’t forget to inform the people/blogs you nominated about it.)
My favorite blog would have to be Rebekah Denise http://www.iamrebekahdenise.com/. Reason being, I just started blogging about three weeks ago and at one point I was totally lost about my next steps after I launched. I’d joined Facebook groups but they weren’t as helpful as I thought they’d be, so I decided to dig a little deeper. I found her on one of the blogger groups and I added her as a Facebook friend. I was immediately stunned by her photos. As I browsed her page I clicked on her website link and I started to read her newer blog posts. Her topics were extremely relatable and I really enjoyed how she engages with her followers/friends. Our blogs are about inspiring others and from the blog posts, we tend to have a lot in common. She just seems as if she’s a free spirit that enjoys helping others and I love that!
What inspired you or drove you to start blogging?
– Sometimes you don’t know what people are going through and it’s always great to be an inspiration. Many people suffer from different diagnosis such as depression, anxiety and so on. In many cases, most people don’t discuss their problems publicly, so at the end of the day if they don’t tell you-you may not know. I’ve always wanted to be that person that spoke to people without even knowing their situation. Which means I’ve always wanted to voice my opinion or state facts without singling out a particular individual. I think that speaking to people through my blog would be an extremely great idea. At the end of the day, you never know who I could’ve inspired. I’m a very private person so telling others about my personal life has always been difficult. I understand that this may be the case of others as well. Moral of the story is I’ll make it my job to uplift you no matter the circumstance. In my eyes, we can get through it together. My ultimate goal is to see or hear “because of you I didn’t give up”!
If I was on a deserted island what 3 would take with you?
-If I was on a deserted island I would definitely take water, some type of weapon for protection for hunting. Last but not least I’d take a lighter to start a fire to cook the food that I catch.
What is one little thing in life that makes you smile and why? (not a person, let’s see your creativity)
-Looking at old photographs always seem to make me smile simply because they are connected with so many great memories.
If you could give one tip to an upcoming blogger what would it be?
– Before you actually launch your blog make sure that you are positively sure that you’ll be sticking with that site. I made that mistake and my subscribers decreased dramatically. Also, it was slightly overwhelming trying to create a new site. I had the option of duplicating my first site but it was extremely overpriced. Different people choose different online website creations and that’s totally fine. Don’t make the same mistake though, ALWAYS DO TONS OF RESEARCH!
Look back, What would you tell or warn your 16-year-old self about?
– I would warn my 16-year-old self about life itself. Everything isn’t going to flow smoothly all the time. You will face certain obstacles that you think are just too challenging but you’ll get through it nothing lasts forever!
Where do you see yourself and your blog 5 years from now?
– I see myself as a successful business woman with a business degree and also an entrepreneur. Hopefully, my blog turns out to be a success as well. Even if it doesn’t my purpose will still be the same to inspire others.
10 Random Facts About Me
- Pulling my eyelashes gives me a thrill!
- Failure scares me!
- I’m an introvert!
- I listen to country and rock music!
- I have a 4-month-old son!
- I love to travel!
- Steak is my favorite food!
- I love giving advice!
- I love to read!
- I love my life and who I am today!
I will be choosing 5 bloggers that I feel should be nominated and they are listed below.